I found a blog post about needing to please and it occurred to me that many of us suffer from this, in some form. Here’s a thought from the blog that particularly caught my eye:
“You may be surprised to learn that people pleasing really isn’t all about satisfying the needs of others … it’s also about our effort to control what others think of us and fend off fears of rejection.”
Do You Have the Urge to Please?
- Do you say yes, even when your mind says no?
- Do you try to live up to others expectations?
- Do you find it difficult to take initiative?
- Do you cringe at the first sign of conflict?
- Do you find it difficult to speak up for yourself?
- Do you feel devastated at the thought of someone not liking you?
- Do you lose sleep over the slightest altercation with another person?
- Do you help people even when they haven’t asked, and then feel resentful if they don’t show ‘enough’ gratitude?
Click the link below to read more. It’s a fabulous post and offers great suggestions about how to handle people pleasing.
No, no, no, no, no, no and….. no. I guess I’m not the most popular person on the block but I’m happy and content and people grudgingly like me anyway. Lol.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lol. As it should be.