We’ve been around all of them. People who use you. People who manipulate you. People who judge you or suck the life out of you or gossip about you (and everything else they hear).
The thing is, on the surface of your relationship, or at the outset of it, such people may seem quite benign. Even downright friendly. But something changes along the way and suddenly you’re looking at a person you thought you knew but, well, apparently didn’t. Then you wonder what went wrong, and why.
But here’s the good news. Once you understand what the 10 toxic personalities are all about, you’ll know how to spot them and deal with them pretty quickly — and then save yourself a lot of angst and anger and annoyance along the way.
I found this blog while doing other life research, and found it VERY illuminating. Half the battle is knowing how to identify these toxic personalities. The other half is figuring out how to manage yourself around these people–and it’s not hard once you know how!
I hope you find this information as useful as I did. For me, it’s a keeper. 🙂
- The Gossiper thrives on other peoples’ misfortunes
- The Temperamental has no control over their emotions
- The Victim feeds off your empathy
- The Self-Absorbed use you as their tool
- The Envious trivialize your accomplishments
- The Manipulator always wants something from you
- The Dementor imposes negativity and pessimism everywhere they go
- The Twisted are only out to hurt you
- The Judgmental are quick to tell you what is and isn’t cool
- The Arrogant see everything you do as a personal challenge
“Toxic people drive you crazy because their behavior is so irrational. Make no mistake about it — their behavior truly goes against reason, so why do you allow yourself to respond to them emotionally and get sucked into the mix? … [The key is] maintaining an emotional distance.”
So exactly how do you stop someone from pushing your buttons? The Ladders recently posted a great blog by Travis Bradberry focusing on just this. Click here to read more about these 10 toxic personalities–and learn how to control the chaos.
Copyright © 2012-2017 · All Rights Reserved · TerriPonce.com
Appreciate you bloggging this