Authors are a different breed. We see life differently. Experience life differently. Live life differently.
And if you’re one of the lucky ones to either date an author or be married to one, there are a few things you should know. Consider them hints on how to live with a person who, for the most part, you may never truly understand. 🙂
So here is a short list of perks and quirks that come with being with an author, some of which I’ve supplemented with my own commentary. And if you want the whole shebang go to Limitless’s post here, which is from where I shamelessly borrowed these wonderful tips.
- We zone out during conversations (because our heads are usually envisioning that conversation in our book, or with our characters, instead of with you)
- We love our alone time (and please don’t interrupt it)
- We don’t tolerate grammatical errors (ever)
- We either write obsessively or procrastinate
- We always experience a whirlwind of emotions (sometimes in the same hour, or few minutes)
- We love truly and deeply (as long as you speak with correct grammar and spell words correctly)
- We are devoted and dedicated (it’s the only way we ever finish writing books, so naturally it’s also the only way we truly connect with friends and loved ones)
- We love interesting conversations (and we eavesdrop a lot, too)
- We prefer meaningful dates over extravagant ones (as well as vacations, gifts, and nights out)
- We are open to experimentation (which also sometimes ends up in our books)
Have anything to add to Limitless’s list? I’d love to hear it.
Copyright © 2012-2016 · All Rights Reserved · TerriPonce.com